CRYPTO TICKER

powered by Coinlib

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

WELCOME TO THE ONE SECOND MARKETS

“What happens to you when the government weaponizes trading!”

While gold piddles around in obscurity, and pretends it’s a functioning
market, and we wait patiently for the “Black Swan” that bankrupts the New
York bullion dealers into the Lehman mold, there are only 2 market
complexes that have any value for traders; 1) crude oil, and 2) the stock
indices. Before on the blog, I’ve detailed the insurmountable problems facing
oil traders if they want to go the CFD route … in short, it’s a complete rip off,
and the only thing anybody can do is trade oil futures, which the PAMM
can’t do. Oil perhaps, the ONLY market not government manipulated, but
gets its share of market manipulation via the thugs, dictators, oil sheikhs,
authoritarians, and of course OPEC … simply put, if I could trade it with a
decent spread [2 or 3 cents tops], or trade futures, I’d do it in a second
… unfortunately it can’t be done, and nobody is willing to make an honest
oil CFD.

That leaves stock indices, where trading exists in the “80/10/10” paradigm
I’ve explained before … in the past I’ve attempted to trade the DOW30, and
while on the surface it might appear to be a good market to trade, the
scumbag LP’s make it an expensive lesson in 1) mystery ticks & spikes, and
2) horrendous slippage … anytime there’s the slightest uptick in volatility,
the slippage ramps up to levels that make it an untradeable market. That
leaves the NDX100 & the SP500, and while I’m excluding the foreign indices
for consideration due to slippage on a par with the DOW30, they don’t model
after the “80/10/10” paradigm of U.S. markets, so that leaves only 2 markets.

Last Summer, even when volatility was rather subdued, the slippage from the
horrible Turnkey LP’s, was enough to make your nose bleed … of course,
complain to Turnkey about getting fills 2 - 4 index points off the market on an
NDX100 fill, and all you’ll get is the usual silence, or some reference to “hey,
markets are volatile and the market conditions bullshit they are infamous for
explaining their LP’s criminality”. Well, nothing has changed here, as I’ve
watched the NDX100 CFD trade over the last week or so … in fact, it’s gotten
worse I believe … with some volatility, the scumbag LP’s have “plausible
deniability” in their pricing, and can hand out fills you can’t believe until you
see them they are so awful, all the while increasing profit while they bag your
order … that it goes on almost every second of every day, I have no question.
Add to that the latency issues surrounding market execution in the NDX100,
and I might as well send my orders in using carrier pigeons … what should
normally take milliseconds to fill an order, takes SECONDS to fill, while they
shop your order around for the worst fill possible without being indicted, and
then profit handsomely from the bagged & queued order they just executed
via firing squad … nice work if you can get it.

I’m adding the SP500 CFD to my lineup … and yes, the same “scumbaggery”
can prevail here as well when things get dicey, but we get the same moves we
get in the NDX100, only there’s more “smoothing” than the herky-jerky
nature of bid/offer quotes we get from the NDX100 … I’m not saying I won’t
trade the NDX100, I’m saying I’ll trade the SP500 by default … only a
slightly higher spread than futures, more liquidity [relative], and better
overall trading conditions than the NDX100 most days … I should have been
here earlier, but I mistakenly bought the bullshit fed to me by brokerage
house execs … “thanks, I’ve had my fill … back to the market I made
millions in back in the day … yea, I’ve lost time I can’t get back, and that’s
regrettable, but I’m back now, and as far as I’m concerned it’s time to man
the sails”!

Today starts off on a sour note for stock indices … apparently, Trump hasn’t
tweeted yet how awesome the China trade deal is looking … although the
economic stats out of China last night were horrible … no matter, that shit
doesn’t mean anything anymore … and just out, retail sales here have tanked
… again, who cares? … and just like that, market sentiment goes a full 180,
and the ebullient optimism seen yesterday, has evaporated like a fart in the
wind.

And yup, nothing like honest, fair markets as not only does the MT4 fail for a
minute or two at 10:15 AM EST, the spreads blow out, and the SP500 [and
NDX100] goes orbital on … wait for it … Trump says he will wait 6 months to
see about auto tariff imports from the E.U. … a very nice well placed headline
by the daily propaganda arm of the financial MSM, Bloomberg … does it get
any more pathetic than this? … well, just another in a long line of
manipulations designed to do one thing … buy Moar! … welcome to the one
second markets everyone! … all of these markets are an embarrassment, and
it’s the reason money management firms are going belly up in record fashion
… the only ones benefiting from this horseshit are the HFT’s and their BFF’s
the scumbag LP banks.

And as I’ve said before, you get caught in one of these second moves, and
there’s no way to make it back … today being proof of that premise. Quite
frankly, these are not healthy markets, and you can thank government & the
FED for that. Outside of the Bloomberg planted headline to boost stock prices,
what’s happened today? … well, not a helluva lot … the SP500 meandering
higher in a slow crawl, with volumes tapering off significantly since early
morning … “wow, that one week bear market was a B. I. Itch, wasn’t it”?
[snark]

For the last couple of days, I’ve been trading the SP500 CFD in my own
account, and the fills have been adequate [within 0.2 index points of bid/offer
at time of trade], and the execution times of around 700 - 800 milliseconds,
which isn’t fantastic, but is within normal ranges … unlike the NDX100,
where we’ve been subjected to execution times of greater than 2.5 seconds,
and the slippage on fills is atrocious … so, so far so good. Tomorrow sees the
PAMM start to trade it.

Until tomorrow mi amigos … Onward & Upward!!

Have a great day everybody!

-vegas


No comments:

Post a Comment