CRYPTO TICKER

powered by Coinlib

Friday, May 14, 2021

HOW LONG CAN MARKETS SURVIVE ON LIES & PROPAGANDA?

 

“No worries, just a small electrical fire … we’ll be on our way soon!”

Welcome to “dead cat bounce” day in crypto … OR, the start of the next leg

higher in everything crypto, as another failed attempt by the “Deep State” to

propagandize crypto and get people to sell goes “not so well” … I tend to think

the latter, but what do I know, I’m only a trader … I care not where anything

moves to, but only the premise of “buy at 1, sell at 2, ALL DAY LONG while

building account equity and future income”! … other than that, what’s the point?


There’s “trouble” in River City … I was going to write today about TRX [TRON], one

of my favorite, if not THE favorite alt-coin I like to trade … lately [last 10 days], a

troubling development is being seen in some of the PHEMEX alt-coins in spot,

and today alone it cost me lost trades on 3 different algorithm buy signals in TRX

… first, you have to understand, that PHEMEX spot markets are tiny relative to

behemoths like BINANCE, anywhere from 100X - 200X+ SMALLER IN VOLUME on

a daily basis … PHEMEX GETS ITS LIQUIDITY from people or companies providing

“arbitrage” [arb] services via API software linked to houses like BINANCE, and

that’s why at every tick, there’s about $25,000+ worth of TRX bid or offered … then

it changes … and since most everybody trading spot is a member of “Premium”

club, where we pay ZERO FEES TO TRADE, I’d guess that over 99% of all trades

are done at the “Market” at PHEMEX … here comes the problem.


It becomes apparent quickly, that LP’s providing arb services can ONLY bid or

offer price … they can’t reach and take offers or hit bids … they’re there to get

“hit”, and then they offset at a place like BINANCE, and make a few pennies per

trade guaranteed … “you know, like what liquidity providers are supposed to do,

but don’t over on the MT4 / MT5” … so what happens is this … somebody puts a

“limit buy order” in [for example] at 0.12600 for $10 worth of TRX … the price of

TRX starts going lower at BINANCE, but nobody is hitting the bid at PHEMEX

… remember, there’s no shorting in spot, and the LP’s offering $200,000+ at

0.12605 [minimum tick is 0.00005] can’t reach to take this clown out … so the bid

stays there, while at BINANCE the market moves down to 0.12525, and at the same

time nobody sells this $10 worth of TRX, so the bid stays at 0.12600 … the problem

is, THE OFFER STAYS UP THERE AS WELL … so, if I get a buy signal on

“go charts” on that move down at BINANCE … I CAN’T GET IN! … and from there

TRX goes straight up to 0.12650 … this happened 3 times to me this early A.M.

… and what’s apparent to me is, that LONG position holders are doing this on

purpose to prevent the PHEMEX price from dropping, possibly preventing sell

stops from being hit, cuz on “open order book” platforms, stops are only set off

on ACTUAL TRADES, NOT THE BID OR OFFER.


Now, in the bigger alt-coins like ETHUSDT, or LINKUSDT, this isn’t going to happen

cuz those coins are much deeper in volumes & liquidity than some of the lesser

known and traded alt-coins like TRX … after the third time this happened, I got on

PHEMEX chat and blistered some management ears … this is bullshit, and needs

to be fixed … they “say” they’ll look into it and if I’m right, they will change things

… “sure, sure you will … should I hold my breath”? … so, I’ve moved back over to

ETHUSDT, where this kind of thing rarely happens, but does happen … last week, I

was trading ETHUSDT, and somebody had a bid for approximately 200 ETHUSDT,

worth about $800,000 and the price dropped … when it got to about $3.50 under

the next bid in the queue, somebody took him/her out, and trading resumed with

the normal $1.50 - $2.25 bid / offer spread … so, even if it happens, it won’t get out

of line much in ETHUSDT … the same can’t be said for other alt-coins.


What makes matters worse for the PAMM at Turnkey, is the fact that BTC has

simply become untradeable … oh sure, the bid / offer spread is great, but what

does that mean when within seconds BTC can go up $300, then go down $600, then

go right back up $800, galloping along with price changes that should make

“normal” traders want to puke? … as I write, on my M1 screen for BTC, the grid is

OVER $100+ … on an M1 … unfrickin’ real … if you cut your volumes down to

adjust for risk, all you’ve done is insure small profits, with the inevitable

“The Reaper is waiting for you” moment, where you get “whacked” out of the blue

on the second-by-second insane volatility from the “whales” … and not just insane,

but insane on meth, heroin, & Red Bull! … pricing second-to-second, and not just

at Turnkey but everywhere, is “off the charts” in the “Crypto World Twilight Zone”

… you might as well be at a roulette wheel … in other words, there isn’t any way

to mitigate risk in this market that is anywhere near acceptable, and the potential

to lose 20% of your account trading “1 lots” several times and being on the

whipsaw side of the yo-yo, isn’t something I will sign up for … not today, not ever!

… and since Turnkey has thieving LP’s in crypto & CFD’s, if you’re gonna trade

crypto the ONLY choice is BTC, or fugetaboutit! … other crypto pairs like ETH are

a cruel joke, with spreads you can drive a semi through and still have room, and if

anybody trades these at Turnkey, I got some “prime” Kansas beachfront property

I’d like to show you … cheap!


With a slight modification of the trading algorithm, in one key parameter, traders

can move from crypto to relatively slower VIX FX pairs [not gold or silver] and

achieve success … it’s subtle but makes a huge difference … not that I have a

choice in the matter, cuz I most definitely would rather trade crypto, especially with

the conditions “The Syndicate” enjoys at PHEMEX in a number of alt-coins, but on

the MT4 / MT5 crypto is simply not an option until these asshats either 1) get the

ETH spread down to levels I accept [not likely], OR 2) get newer and better crypto

pairs [not likely either].


It’s not a question of reward, it is the absolute nightmare of LOSS, and not just a

little bit either … and I haven’t even mentioned “slippage” in BTC, which is

another nightmare, simply cuz there is ZERO transparency in the LP’s pricing of

your fill … add it all up, and it’s one big nightmare for anybody trading it … as for

me, I don’t mind saying at all when I see conditions I can’t conquer and then

admitting, not only don’t I like them, but I don’t see how I can defeat them unless

I get lucky … and when “luck” is your trading strategy, things are gonna get real

bad real soon!


It’s a far different story for “The Syndicate” over at PHEMEX … we enjoy the

absolute best LOWEST COST TO TRADE [spread + “gas fees”] in alt-coins

available anywhere in the world … and that means we can take advantage of scalps

far better than whatever crypto is being offered at Turnkey via their ripoff artist

HFT LP’s … “there is no such thing as “slippage” on an “open order book”

trading platform, cuz you’re literally PART OF THE MARKET! … everything

transparent and no “monkey business” … the same cannot be said over at Turnkey,

or for that matter on any MT4 / MT5 platform that is LP based.


Two things need to be mentioned here … 1) IMHO, Turnkey is the very best place

to trade FX pairs, especially major dollar pairs like EURUSD, USDJPY, etc., and

2) as I’ve said before, what you pay to trade is critically important for profitable

success, and nobody beats Turnkey when it comes to bid / offer spreads in FX,

PLUS the lowest round turn [RT] commission rates out there, especially for retail

specs … latency is excellent, so what you end up getting in FX is exactly what

“The Syndicate” has in crypto at PHEMEX … the only difference is volatility and

who manipulates the different markets!


I cannot stress the vital importance of mitigating risk enough … you simply have

to know what the downside is to your trades, and there’s no way you can do that

in Bitcoin … if I had to guess, the reward to risk ratio for BTC is probably around

the 1 : 50 level! … that’s right, risk $50 to make $1 … sorry, that bird ain’t gonna

fly! … at least in FX, especially EURUSD and/or USDJPY, you can get a reasonable

handle what your exposure is … but since we can’t trade other coins at Turnkey,

but only Bitcoin, I simply have no other options available to me, other than take

the PAMM trading back into FX … starting Monday I’ll be back in EURUSD [IMHO,

it’s better than USDJPY, but arguments could be made for it as well], and my

volumes will be higher than what I’ve traded in the past … quite frankly, I can adjust

my volumes to give the PAMM the same reward / risk ratio “The Syndicate” enjoys

at PHEMEX.


What is not acceptable, is continuing to see the trading algorithm make good

money for “The Syndicate”, while the PAMM struggles … this grates on me like

sandpaper! … and it happens up ‘til now, not cuz of problems with the algorithm,

but for logistical reasons with 1) the total cost to trade cuz of thieving LP’s, and

2) not having enough of a choice to choose from viable crypto coins … with the

very subtle, but important, algorithm changes made to accommodate lower

volatility markets, things should proceed smoothly for us next week as I go back

into EURUSD … the CFD’s at Turnkey are simply not an option, cuz every single

one of ‘em is a rip off … I’ll deal with the lower VIX of EURUSD by getting 1) more

trades via the algorithm, and 2) trading larger volumes.


Don’t get me wrong, I’m not reluctant to trade FX, I’d simply rather trade the crypto

alt-coins for a number of reasons … but if my only choice is simply Bitcoin or bust,

I can’t sit here and tell you that a 1 : 50 reward / risk ratio is “A-OK” with me, cuz it

isn’t … more important than making money, is not getting “whacked” attempting to

make money .. I got a pretty good handle on EURUSD risk, and I have no clue

[neither does anybody else] with Bitcoin … do the math Skippy.


No trades today in the TURNKEY PAMM, and I will be transitioning back into

EURUSD starting Sunday night.


Over in alt-coin land, I would have had multiple trades in TRXUSDT if not for the

missed trades described earlier cuz of people “gaming” the PHEMEX “open order

book” platform with $10 orders … 3 times this happened and cost us some good

profits … I therefore switched back over to ETHUSDT, a far more liquid & deep

market than TRX, and traded there … multiple algorithm buy signals in ETHUSDT,

and “The Syndicate” UP APPROXIMATELY 0.33%


Some really excellent algo signals … as you’ll see, the trading algorithm “NAILS”

these crypto alt-coins to the barn door! … and with what looks like the ascendance

of ETH over BTC, we enjoy the LOWEST COST TO TRADE ANYWHERE when

trading ETH, as this coin continues to show higher volumes and more interest

daily.


Blog update on Sunday … I’m so outta here!… “the future’s so bright I need

sunglasses”! 😎 … Onward & Upward!! 


-vegas






No comments:

Post a Comment