CRYPTO TICKER

powered by Coinlib

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

THE SPEED & VIOLENCE IS BREATHTAKING

“Being sucked into a direction you don’t want to go!”

Quite frankly, the speed & violence in markets today is alarming … from years
earlier everything in terms of liquidity and volumes are way down in all markets
across the board … at the same time, we see explosions and train wrecks all over
the financial markets … stocks, crude oil, and gold to name just 3 that have
gotten completely out of control.

I sit here today and watch moves go so fast, there simply isn’t perspective to
categorize how to trade it or what to think about it … what is anybody to do when
gold starts having massive reversals almost every other day, with M1’s having
ranges of $5 - $10+ littered all over the place? … sure, in the past on events like
“Brexit” and the 2016 election gold got volatile, but these were “one offs”, not the
norm … and the DOW30? … what the hell do you do when it moves hundreds of
points within minutes? … where M1’s routinely have 30+ point ranges like nothing
at all?

Trading gold in this environment is like sticking your hand into a bag of
venomous snakes and expecting to pull one out without getting bitten … yea,
good luck with that … and the DOW30 is no better … risk here is out of control,
cuz nobody can tell me where my downside is on anything, and that’s a very big
problem from where I sit … this sucks.

And speaking of sucks, last night I sit down to trade gold in Asia, and accidentally
get long gold without knowing it [don’t ask] … 7 - 10 minutes later, I come back
from getting something to eat and drink in the kitchen, and I see a fill box … “life
is hard, it’s even harder when you’re stupid”! … Ok, there’s a hundred bucks and
change nobody needs … so I don’t mess around and just get rid of it, and literally
within 2 seconds gold takes off to the upside … thank you sir, may I have
another?

Today I spent my time in the DOW30 … great idea … worst day of the year for
buying I believe, and ZERO buy signals … this market moves so “Hoover Dam”
fast, my algorithm at times can’t keep up with the volatility … and quite frankly
folks, this is a real problem for us traders, cuz there is literally no handle on the
risk you take when making a trade … and if your stop gets hit, look the hell out
cuz the scumbag LP banks will rip it to shreds.

Until tomorrow mi amigos … I need a drink [maybe 2] … Onward & Upward!!

Have a great day everybody!

-vegas


No comments:

Post a Comment